Hello.

Hello.

Postby AKNightHawk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Hiya
I am new here. Just found out about this program today.
Anyway I would like to know if development is still going on with this city gen program?
It looks quite good. And I was wanting to use it for a game project I am currently working on.

So anyway I wanted to know is if development is still progressing on the light version or
if development is being done more on the 0.5 version? Or which one is newer?

Also I was wondering if you will be making, versions for Max 2009 as well? Cause I do have
2012 but only 32 bit of it. And I am more used to 2009 then 2012. And like it better.

Anyway this script looks great. And look forward to checking it out.
I hope that it is still in development here.
AKNightHawk

Re: Hello.

Postby kilaD » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey

gt 0.5 is the current version in development, the lite version will be updated later to reflect the changes in 0.5

I know that many people like max9 but it lacks a few things like .net (older version) etc.
For noe the focus is 2011+
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AKNightHawk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Kewl no problem. I know light works with 2012. Just wondering for later if you will create a 32bit version of the light. For 2011 2012. And actually I like 2009 not max 9. 2009 is much better then max 9.

Anyway thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing future development of this script. You use .net to create the script?
Hmm. Wonder if you could create a plugin like this for the game engine I use?

The game engine is called Neo Axis. http://www.neoaxis.com/

It is a very powerful game engine that uses C#.net for programming. It would actually be very awesome to be able to do things like this directly in the game engine. Heck using it you could actually create and standalone project with it. I know quite a few people, including probably the developer himself who would pay big money for a plugin like this directly implemented into the map editor. Myself included.

I sell maps online for the game engine, and would love to build cities on the maps using a script like this directly in the engine itself. I am not sure if you use C# to code your scripts with but if you do there is alot of people whom would go ballistic over there if you created a city engine directly into the map editor.

Your city engine would be perfect for games in many ways. And I know if you made a plugin directly for Neo Axis there could be big money to be had.

Like I said I sell blank maps for the engine and have gotten quite a bit of sells.

http://assault-knights.com/store/products/

I know if you made a city gen plugin for the engine. (That is if you use C# to program your script.) Alot of people would buy it. Hell I'd be willing to help you with it.
Not sure if you'd be interested. But just a thought :)
AKNightHawk

Postby kilaD » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Well it actually works for 32bit, but i can't support it as gt tend to use a lot of ram. 64bit is a must these days.

Neoaxis looks nice, i have actually written a few games (for fun) in xna myself.
As for implementing gt into something like neoaxis.. it is ofcourse possible, but it's also a reason why you have different programs for all these tasks. For 3d objects you would want to rely on something like max, maya, modo etc which are specialized in these things.

What i will do however, is making it easier to export the output from gt to different game engines.
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AKNightHawk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:46 am

Well the kewl thing about Neo Axis is that it already has it own exporter for max. Including 2011, 2012. So that there wont be much of a issue with exporting the meshs to the engine. I guess the thing I would be more interested in would be your road tool system. Cause like you said the buildings could be placed from max itself.

Do you plan on adding a built in lod system to this sweet little program? I noticed you can make high poly and low poly models. If you actually made lod directly in max that worked like normal games as you get closer the higher lod appears. You might use alot less ram. Also another problem you might be having is Drawcalls in max. each individual building if they are there own single mesh uses up a draw call. And a few 100 or 1000 buildings can eat up ram even in max. What you might want to do is attach the meshs together in a single block after they are generated. To save on ram. A single large mesh that is say 100000 polys is less on overhead then say 1000 single meshs that add up to 100000 polys. (Better known as triangles.)

Just something to think about for sure. That added with lod could actually make your program run smoother for people.
AKNightHawk

Postby kilaD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:02 am

Meshes are attached, without it you would have 2 fps in max.
GT 0.5 is also quite different than gt lite, a lot of improvements has been made.
As for LODs, it's a thing for games, in max you can easily hide by distance or draw as box/proxy.
Another thing would be to be able to export lods, but as it is now, the buildings has 2 modes, low poly or custom facades.

The road tool is still in development, there is a few modules i need to update before i continue on it.
Overall i need to focus on the max plugin now, we'll see later if i can develop for other packages.

k
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions