Road textures + alignment

Road textures + alignment

Postby zoombapup » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Hey, really enjoying testing GT right now.

I've been using CityEngine for my game, but I figured some things would be better done in max, so seeing your script really excited me.

Anyway, there are a few things that I would really like to see, that CityEngine kind of does but not brilliantly. I'll add them as I remember them, but the first one is road texturing.

Basically, CityEngine kind of messes up at intersections. Because they're generallly pretty complex. What I would like to see is a set of textures that are aligned to the road nextwork and applied depending on the size of the road (and it would be nice to have some method of specifying the size of certain roads seperately btw). They'd have to be aligned to the actual road obviously. At intersections there needs to be an added quad at the end of the road to allow for a crossing (again, optional/%age based or whatever). Crossing is perpendicular to road alignment obviously. Then the crossing, which needs a central texture. I guess the central texture would normally be quite dull (and all road markings would be on the entry/exit road side, rather than at the crossing).

Hope thats clear.
zoombapup

Re: Road textures + alignment

Postby kilaD » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I will update the roadtool later. The roads are a bit tricky, but they're next on my todo list
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hikmayan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm

kilaD:

You da Man!.....and we respect your creativity already coming up this fantastic plug-in. I am really excited and looking forward to all the to do lists you mentioned through out the forum. Thank you very much. :)
hikmayan

Postby kilaD » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks hikmayan, there will be some updates when i'm back from my holiday.
I needed some sun 8-)
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hikmayan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Oh yeah!...the sun of course....got to get away from that Machine every now and then...looking forward to the updates. By the way,I manage to export fairly to UDK with the exception of textures;I am still playing with it when free.Road textures and alignment works but require additional tweaking in Max prior to export. I hope these screens will help:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hikmayan

Postby alan855918 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

alan855918

Postby sauerkrauten » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 pm

zoombapup wrote:Hey, really enjoying testing GT right now.

I've been using CityEngine for my game, but I figured some things would be better done in max, so seeing your script really excited me.

Anyway, there are a few things that I would really like to see, that CityEngine kind of does but not brilliantly. I'll add them as I remember them, but the first one is road texturing.

Basically, CityEngine kind of messes up at intersections. Because they're generallly pretty complex. What I would like to see is a set of textures that are aligned to the road nextwork and applied depending on the size of the road (and it would be nice to have some method of specifying the size of certain roads seperately btw). They'd have to be aligned to the actual road obviously. At intersections there needs to be an added quad at the end of the road to allow for a crossing (again, optional/%age based or whatever). Crossing is perpendicular to road alignment obviously. Then the crossing, which needs a central texture. I guess the central texture would normally be quite dull (and all road markings would be on the entry/exit road side, rather than at the crossing).

Hope thats clear.

+1
I use Infrastructure Modeler, but it´s a standalone software, not integrated like Ghostt
sauerkrauten
EliteMember
EliteMember

Return to Suggestions