Please get your intall procedure sorted out

Please get your intall procedure sorted out

Postby vcrew » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 pm

By liiking at the images and watching the tutorial on CGtuts+ this seems to be a great script. But I can't install it. I given it the best part of 4 hours to try but have failed (unfortunately) You install guide in 5 steps is wrong. No 2 states......Install by going to the menu - Maxscript - Run Script and select ghosttown.mzp (The file you downloaded). the file I downloaded from your website was not a .mzp file. Any way like I said I can't install it(unfortunately) even thought I have installed many scripts from scriptspot before. I am running 3ds Max 2011 64bit.

Good Luck to you and Ghost Town for the future.

vcrew
vcrew

Re: Please get your intall procedure sorted out

Postby kilaD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi vcrew

Maxscript can run ms, mcr and mzp files. In these 4 hours, did you try to rename to mzp? :)

Some webbrowsers and downloadmanagers recognizes the .mzp file as an archive (which it actually is) and renames them to zip. Just rename the extension back to .mzp and run it as instructed.

I will probably make a proper installer in the future. Good luck!
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby vcrew » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi KilaD,

Thank you very much, I did spend the time mentioned previously trying to install 'Ghost Town', I went over some things time and time again, I downloaded it a couple of times, I manually copied it into a number of folders and a load of others things that were way off the mark, but in sheer frustration/desperation gave it a go. -- But no, in that entire time I never renamed the file or even thought about renaming it, But I have done that now, within minutes of checking out the forum in case there was a reply, so thank you very much for your quick response, really appreciate it. With all due respect though would it not be a good idea to mention on you forum when other people download it that this could happen and how to fix it.

many thanks once again

VCrew
vcrew

Postby kilaD » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Good to hear you got it installed!

Yes, you're right. It's actually the same reason it says "use firefox or rightclick and save as" under the downloadlink.
I will add why.

;)
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions