^2 Textures and Basic Materials For Games

^2 Textures and Basic Materials For Games

Postby Sehlor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 am

Hi,

First of all, great script, excellent work. As a game programmer i'm suggesting if you can make textures ^2 (512x512, 1024x256 etc.) its compatible for all DirectX based game engines/frameworks.

Second suggestion is, instead of Submaterials, using Diffuse material is also compatible for all DirectX based engines/frameworks.

This is a great script for programmers who can't draw even an apple like me, but 2 things above is so important :)

I succeded to export a city into my engine but no textures for that reasons :)

Regards
Sehlor

Re: ^2 Textures and Basic Materials For Games

Postby kilaD » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey Sehlor,

In the latest gt pack(the full download) i actually rescaled all (hopefully) textures to the power of two.
Maybe you should download the latest version.

About the multisubmats, if every object should have just one single material, there would be a LOT of
objects in the max scene, making it impossible to navigate. If you attach two objects with a single mat on each, and then access the material property, it will return a multisubmaterial.

One solution could be a pre-exportscript which would detach/attach all object with the same submaterial.

I succeded to export a city into my engine but no textures for that reasons :)

Also the current mapping gt uses doesn't work with gameengines - uv mapping with "realWorldMapSize".
In the upcoming version i've added options to use proper mapping.
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sauerkrauten » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

I just did a test with textures into Cryengine 3, via, sketchup/playuptools exported FBX from Max, and it came in almost perfect :)

A few missing textures, but it might be a limit reached in the cgf generation, I did it in one go the hole town.
Collision works too, but ofcourse materials such as glass/reflective metal etc needs adjustment, the missing textures was just not generated, not sure why.
Attachments
test2.jpg
test1.jpg
sauerkrauten
EliteMember
EliteMember

Postby kilaD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:29 am

Hey long time sauer

Ok, that's it i need to play with sandbox again. I was playing around with sandbox when crysis came out (sandbox2?) and it was very easy to use and very cool.

Did you do anything with the uvmapping/textures before export?

I'm working on the full "elite" version now, and the new toys are very cool.
Would be nice to see it inside cryengine!
TEHY SAIDS I WOULD BE ARESTED IF I KEPT HAX0RING
kilaD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sauerkrauten » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm

kilaD wrote:Hey long time sauer

Ok, that's it i need to play with sandbox again. I was playing around with sandbox when crysis came out (sandbox2?) and it was very easy to use and very cool.

Did you do anything with the uvmapping/textures before export?

I'm working on the full "elite" version now, and the new toys are very cool.
Would be nice to see it inside cryengine!

Hi kilad :)
Been busy doing nothing :lol:

Sandbox 3 is great too, and with Playuptools for Sketchup you can import huge/complicated models almost in 1 single operation.
I preferred the maxscript from defaxer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33rBH3cFQ0
But it seems it´s discontinued for Cryengine 3 :cry:

I did nothing to the generated ghosttown, just straight out of max/fbx into Sketchup via Simlab plugin, I do have some problem with collision on horizontal surfaces, but it might a Playup problem since I just never checked the model for amount of material names etc, will test today.

"EDIT" I collapsed the model in max, and all collisions works fine in sandbox :D
Next is custom trees/park items, distrubuted with Ghosttown, wishful thinking I suppose (will kill the polycount he he)

Looking forward to the "elite ver" :D
sauerkrauten
EliteMember
EliteMember

Postby GARYOSAVAN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 am

Supporting game textues sounds good. I wish DDS base textures for all king of games. ;)
GARYOSAVAN
EliteMember
EliteMember

Return to Suggestions